The Memorial Day Parade was a great time to see the trucks out on the road, all shined up and ready for display. Here is a gallery of photos of the trucks, tankers, etc. Also the Lower Kiski Ambulance makes an appearance.
Month: May 2019
D. Leech and Company Historical Marker
Operating at the Pa. Mainline Canal from 1829 to 1853, it was an integrated freight and passenger service using canalboats, wagons, railroads, and steamships. It was one of the most extensive and successful freight forwarding companies in Pa., connecting major cities and employing agents in at least ten states. The company partnered with the Pa. Railroad, providing agents and constructing new railroads for them. The boatbuilding yard was near here.Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission 2019
2019 Leechburg Memorial Day Parade
Boroughs and Townships
- Gilpin Township – http://gilpintwp.com/index.html
- West Leechburg Borough – https://www.westleechburg.us/
- Allegheny Township – https://alleghenytownship.net/
- Parks Township – http://www.parkstwp.com/
- Bethel Township – Wikipedia
- Vandergrift Borough – http://www.vandergriftborough.com/
- Apollo Borough – http://www.apollopa.org/
- Ford City Borough – http://fordcityborough.org/
- Armstrong County – https://www.co.armstrong.pa.us/
- Westmoreland County – https://www.co.westmoreland.pa.us
15656.com has been around for a long long time. I started it back in 2004 as an interactive development student. For a while it was a destination website for citizens of Leechburg, with a popular and sometimes controversial message board. The Internet has changed. Facebook, Twitter, Discord and a whole slew of social communication platforms have taken over and the discussion has moved there.
And you know what? I’m fine with that! Leechburg has never had a strong web presence. The two most legitimate websites to represent the borough today are the School District Website and the Leechburg, PA borough website. In the early 2010’s I spent a considerable amount of time photographing local attractions and tried to bring them to life. It worked, but the data is starting to become outdated as businesses open and close.
I tried to hold onto the old design for a while, but it was finally time to clean house. So this website will start to evolve and I will be focusing on the attraction content once again.