Operating at the Pa. Mainline Canal from 1829 to 1853, it was an integrated freight and passenger service using canalboats, wagons, railroads, and steamships. It was one of the most extensive and successful freight forwarding companies in Pa., connecting major cities and employing agents in at least ten states. The company partnered with the Pa. Railroad, providing agents and constructing new railroads for them. The boatbuilding yard was near here.

Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission 2019